Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 hours and a full page later....

Okay so in sketching class yesterday we did an exercise which I feel I have learned the most from. We were given a site (COAC), and we were told to sketch anything we wanted, but we had to tell a story through our sketches, but they needed to be analytical. We had to compose a page, guidelines only, which contained the significant ideas of the architecture on both the architectural and urban scale. So I did just that. I looked at the overall plan in relation to the section of the building. I also looked at the volumetiric forms of the building. The challenge of this exercise was not gathering the information. It was the time frame in which we were given. We had 45 minutes to look at everything as a whole, and get it all down on the page. This is very challanging because as a perfectionist I have a hard time getting things down in a limited amount of time, but much to my surprise I got the section, plan, and most of the axon finished in that time.... (not finished yet) thats all for now

No comments: