Friday, February 29, 2008

Up, up and away I go!

So I know I haven't been blogging a lot, but I am about to leave on my Grand Spring Break adventure into Europe!!!! Iam very excited about the plans that I have. I will be off to Athens, Greece for a 4 day adventure with some of the "Rome Kids" Catherine, Josh and Marissa to name a few. And the usual "Barcelona Kids" will be there as well. On my trip I am hoping to look at sketching with an analitical twist. I want to examine the things we learned about in history class ( ie the acropolis) and see if I can graphically represent them analytically and experiencially. Which I guess is the challenge I will be faceing for the duration of the semester. Besides the obvious site seeing I am interested in getting a different prospective on things with different people surrounding me. After my four day adventure to Athens, I will be venturing to Poland, Poznan to be exact. Although the intention of this second journey was primarily to see one of my best friends, I am hoping to explore the city with her. Laura just arrieved in Poland a few weeks ago, so I will be fun to explore the city and the urban fabric together. I will be documenting my trip both with sketching and in a journal, which I will be posting soon after my return in about 10 days!!! The goal is to have developed as an architectural thinker, and to have a little fun with some good friends along the way!!!

Unitl next time!

No comments: