Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back to reality...if you can even call it reality?

So I'm now back from my spring break adventures and there is a lot that I need to blog about! We got our next projects this week, and we also got grades. Which were not great, but I guess if they were perfect, I wouldn't have any room for improvement, and living up to perfection is very hard. But we will see how it goes from here. Back to Project 3, it is an intensive 2 week site analysis in groups, where we have to go out and get information, which is avaliable, but not always easy to get. Once the information is obtained we are being asked to produce a graphic representation of the information that we uncovered. So today I called the Architect who is currently building on the open plot that is next to our studio. Jessie got me his name and number from MBM Architects, the firm that rents us our studio space. I set up a meeting for me and two other group members tomorrow at 5pm, where he will be able to give us the necessary information for our analysis, which is fantastic. Hopefully he will be able to help us a lot with elevations and zoning, because so far that seems to be the most difficult information to find. I am really looking forward to our meeting with him tomorrow.

As far as my sketchbook goes, I had a meeting with Christy today, and she had some very good feedback which I will now need to take and start to impliment into my sketching. Over the past few weeks I have been exploring my stlye of sketching, and analytical sketching as a whole, but now after exploration Christy would like me to focus myself in on a style that I have developed which describes my own personal experience, and try to make my sketchbook consitate. So that is my new goal. Along with exploration of architectural concepts in my sketchbook I now will need to focus my sketching on my personal style and technique of sketching that way my sketchbook is more cohesive and blends better.

Until next time :-)

No comments: